4.27.2010

Spring frozen yogurt



Strawberries are already flooding the markets so having a nice refreshing dessert featuring them should be cliche. However, if strawberries and cream is too cliche for you, here's an idea that you can use for dessert or a healthy breakfast.

Turn your fresh strawberries into a quick jam by adding just a bit of sugar and placing them on low heat for as much as you like; this will release their flavours. Then scoop some of this quick jam and some full-fat yogurt into a bowl.
Stir them and place the mixture into a mold which you can remove easily when frozen. Choose a dome-shaped glass or cup. Cover with clingfilm and freeze - I froze it overnight and ate it for breakfast accompanied by an equal amount of strong black coffee.

Although I enjoyed it alone in the comfort of my cozy couch watching TV and wondering if I should get out of my pajamas I couldn't help styling it up a bit by adorning it with a cooked fruit and a little bunch of basil leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...