7.04.2012

Summer pork: this is how it's done


I know that eating pork during hot summer days might seem like a bad idea, but I thought - if Spaniards dot it so well, why can't I?
So I went off buying pork (juicy and fat pork neck) and summer veggies (zucchini, mushrooms and garden tomatoes).
I brushed salt and coarsely crushed black pepper onto the pork slices and placed them in a non-stick pan on moderate-to-high temperature.
Meanwhile, i cut the vegetables into chunks and heated them on low with red onions until juices started to  flow. By then I had just boiled some rice so I combined the two to form a so-called risotto.
It's very easy to make and quick as well - 20 mins tops.


To be enjoyed with a sprinkle of fresh dill even on hot summer days, in a shaded and cool place.
The recommended drink is pressed citrus and lemons, mixed with spring water and served ice-cold in chilled glasses and garnished with melon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...